LOCALPROBOOK Scholarship 2022
Most of us have come across a variety of chores around the house such as cleaning the gutter or updating the siding. Today, many homeowners are looking for contractors to perform services over the Internet, using a variety of options and approaches. Describe your experience in this situation. If you do not have such experience, then imagine a situation that which, for example, you have a roof leaking in a house or water flowing from a pipe in the basement. What and how will you do as a homeowner?
- Have you been looking for contractors for services or helped parents, and relatives who are poorly versed in all these “Internet tricks” to find the contractors?
- What problem did you face around the house? Did you realize yourself what was necessary to do to solve it and how? Have you faced such a problem before?
- What did you use to find someone who fixed the problem and how? Was it easy to use this service? How long did it take you to find a specific contractor to perform the services? Have you looked for a contractor review before choosing one? If so, where and how? Name the company that provided you with their services.
- Did the cost of the work perform correspond to that previously agreed upon? If not, how much was the discrepancy and why? What do you think would help to more accurately determine the cost of the work?
- Did you leave any feedback about the contractor? If so, on what web resource and why exactly there? If not, then why (e.g. you were too lazy, you did not consider it necessary, you just forgot, etc.)? Is it important to write a detailed review of the work done, or is it enough to just “like”?
- What does the best web service that helps you, as the owner or prospective owner of a house, find a contractor look like?
If you suddenly find yourself on the other side of the situation, precisely on the part of the contractor (perhaps you worked part-time in a company in the summer, perhaps your parents have a family business), describe this situation in your essay.
A good addition would be a before/after photo or the final result.
We offer a semi-annual competition for a $ 500 college scholarship. Twice a year, we award a $ 500 college scholarship to one US student to help pay for his education.
If you are willing to put in a little effort and share your experience, skill, and imagination and want to win a $ 500 scholarship, we invite you to participate. The winning essays will be posted on our website, as well as the information about the winners if they agree.
- Applicants must either be currently registered or plan to enroll in an accredited college or university.
- There is no requirement for a cumulative GPA.
- All students can apply (available for studying abroad).
How to Apply:
You must email your essay in the format of a Microsoft Word (doc or docx) to email@example.com.
Submit your full name, college/university name, and address, email to contact you, enrollment message you have. Be careful with your contact information, because, in case of your victory and inability to contact you, the winner will be re-elected.
Deadline for Fall is August 15 and for Spring December 15 2022.