Ottinger Employment Lawyers Annual Scholarship Contest
At Ottinger Employment Law, our California and New York employment lawyers represent all types of workers.
From hourly employees to top-level executives, we help our clients understand their rights within the workplace and protect their best interests.
Labor laws are essential for employees since they provide the following benefits:
- The right to fair compensation
- Equal opportunities when it comes to hiring decisions
- A safe and healthy work environment
Despite these legal protections, employees may find themselves discriminated against, harassed, wrongfully terminated, and more.
As experienced employment attorneys, we want to educate others in an effort to raise awareness for workplace injustices.
This is why we are offering one (1) $1,000 scholarship to an individual who demonstrates the best and most compelling writing ability from the prompt above.
We would like students to write a 150-300 word essay that addresses the following 2-part prompt:
- What is the importance of employees’ rights with regard to employment law?
- What would you like to learn about employee rights?
We encourage students to research this topic and use this knowledge to answer these questions.
- Applicants must be EITHER out-going high school seniors (graduating in the summer of 2022) OR students currently enrolled in a college, university, or trade school as of the start of the Fall 2022 semester.
Deadline: December 1, 2022