HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS ONLY: Virginia McNeal Scholarship
This scholarship is for current high school seniors (Class of 2022) who will graduate from high school in 2022 and are planning to enroll at Sinclair Community College as first-years during the 2022-23 school year which begins August 2022.
Applications are open from December 1, 2021 at 6am EST and close February 25, 2022 at midnight EST. The award has the following qualifications:
• Montgomery County resident (Applicants MUST reside within Montgomery County to qualify)
• 3.0 cumulative high school GPA at time of applying
• Requires that student enroll full-time (12+ hours) in Fall and Spring semesters at Sinclair
• Renewable for a second year based on minimum earned credit of 30 credit hours and 3.0 GPA at the end of the student’s first year.
• Scholarship can cover tuition, book, and fee charges
REQUIRED ITEMS FOR APPLICATION:
*After signing in with their Sinclair username and password, students must complete a General Application where they must upload a copy of their unofficial high school transcript as well as a letter of recommendation. Uploads must be PDF documents, Microsoft Word documents, or photos (GIF or TIF documents). If using a Google Doc, make sure to download your document and save it to your electronic device before uploading the document
- Instead of uploading the letter of recommendation themselves, students have the option to type the email address of a Guidance Counselor or other reference to request that someone else upload their letter in a totally confidential way. The letter must be uploaded by the deadline of February 25, 2022.
COMPLETING A GENERAL APPLICATION ALLOWS STUDENTS TO BE AUTOMATICALLY CONSIDERED FOR ALL OF THE HIGH SCHOOL MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS FOR WHICH THEY QUALIFY.
Students receive award/rejection notifications via email to their my.Sinclair email inbox 1-2 months after applications close.