Phone Use and Driving Award
This scholarship aims to collate written work from young drivers and we hope this ongoing body of work will serve as an addition to phone use and driving safety awareness. This award will be judged on the applicant’s ability to balance up-to-date and reputable research with their own reflections on their age group’s relationship with their phone and driving and the wider impacts this can have.
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited US college or university for the semester that they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants are not required to have a minimum GPA average of 3.0.
- Applicants must be no older than 25.
- Applicants are not required to have a specific major.
- Applicants must be learning to drive, or have their license.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
- Students attending online universities are welcome to apply.
- Please write an 800-1,000-word essay answering the following questions:
What do you think about your generation’s relationship with their phones? Why do you think that many young drivers feel that their phone use when driving is not dangerous?
Considering your research on information published in the last 5 years, what are the most surprising findings you’ve made?
In conclusion of your research for this essay, and in consideration of what you have written, what actions do you think you will undertake to promote young driver safety awareness?
Required Application Details
- Please submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter in an accredited learning institution. We will accept a recent transcript, acceptance letter, or tuition bill. Please note: if you are in the process of applying for colleges and universities, please indicate your current school and submit a document with the schools you have currently applied to. If you are selected for the scholarship, we will ask you to provide proof of enrollment for your college or university at that time. You can check if your school is accredited here.
- Also complete an online application by clicking the “Visit” button below.
All applications must be submitted by September 15, 2019. Click the “Visit” button below to apply.