Phillip L. Parker President's Club Scholarship
This scholarship was established in the year 2015 by the President’s Club of Dayton to support outstanding full-time students pursuing a degree at Sinclair. This scholarship can be awarded in addition to any Pell Grant monies that students may be eligible for. Due to the size of this scholarship, any federal student loans may be reduced or replaced for students selected for this scholarship.
To be eligible, students must meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled full-time
- Has completed at least 27 semester hours of college-level study
- Demonstrate qualities of leadership indicated through evidence of participation in extra-curricular or community activities as described in the student’s scholarship application.
- The recipient is required to attend the Presidents Club “Legion of Honor Luncheon” held in October
*This student will be asked to do a speech to accept the award as part of the obligations of the scholarship
- Montgomery County resident
- Supplemental Questions
- Recipients of this scholarship are required to attend the Presidents Club "Legion of Honor Luncheon" usually held in October at the Dayton Convention Center. Are you willing to attend the luncheon?
- Philip Parker Scholarship recipients will be asked to do a speech on behalf of the other President's Club scholarship recipients as part of the obligation of receiving this scholarship. Are you willing to give a speech at the event?
- Have you demonstrated leadership skills? If you answer yes, please be sure to elaborate on this in your personal statement.
- Have you participated in community service or volunteer projects? If you answer yes, please be sure to elaborate on this in your personal statement.