David H. Ponitz Completion Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 2014 in honor of David Ponitz’s years of service as a board member of the Thomas B. Fordham Institute. The purpose of the scholarship is to fill a financial need or gap for a student who is on a path for successful completion of a degree or certificate who, without this assistance, will likely not complete the program.
To qualify, students must have:
• Completed at least two years at Sinclair Community College in good academic standing (GPA of 2.0 or greater)
• Sinclair student record information must demonstrate that the student has one year or less of coursework remaining before completing a degree or certificate.
• Students who will be eligible to receive Pell Grant will not be considered for this award.
• Students who indicate in their application that Fall will be their last semester will be given priority.
• Transfer students to Sinclair are NOT eligible to receive this scholarship.