HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS ONLY: Presidential Scholarship
This scholarship is for current high school seniors (Class of 2019) who will graduate from high school in winter or spring of 2019 and are planning to enroll at Sinclair Community College as first-years during the 2019-20 school year which begins August 2019.
Applications will be open November 1st – December 15th for students who wish to receive priority consideration. The award has the following qualifications:
• Montgomery County resident (Applicants MUST reside within Montgomery County to qualify)
• 3.5 cumulative high school GPA at time of applying
• Requires that student enroll full-time (12+ hours) in Fall and Spring semesters at Sinclair
• Renewable for a second year based on minimum earned credit of 30 credit hours and 3.0 GPA at the end of the student’s first year.
• Scholarship can cover tuition, book, and fee charges
REQUIRED ITEMS FOR APPLICATION:
- After signing in with their Sinclair username and password, students must complete a General Application and indicate that they are applying for a High School Scholarship and are planning to graduate in winter or spring 2019
- After submitting the General Application, students will be automatically directed to a form where they must include the name and phone number of their Guidance Counselor, as well as the address and name of their high school
- Students must also upload a copy of their unofficial high school transcript as well as a letter of recommendation. Uploads must be PDF documents, Microsoft Word documents, or photos (GIF or TIF documents). If using a Google Doc, make sure to download your document and save it to your electronic device before uploading the document
- Students also have the option to type the email address of a Guidance Counselor or other reference to request that someone else upload
their letter of recommendation
Students receive award/rejection notifications via mailed letters and an email to their my.sinclair.edu email inbox 1-2 months after applications close.