Mark T. Hurt: Helping People in Need Scholarship
The team at the Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt is honored to be able to make a positive difference in the lives of our clients at times when they need it most. We feel good at the end of the work day when we know that we’ve helped someone. We have helped those who have been injured and those who are facing a serious charge. We have helped people who or who are making critical decisions about providing for the distribution of their estate. We also help small businesses in various ways to help them succeed, and in ways not mentioned here.
We are offering a $1,000 scholarship to a student who has already done work (volunteer or other) that helps people in need, and who has a clear plan for continuing to help people in need in the future. We believe that our investment in the education of a student who has a desire to help people, is an investment in a more positive future.
• GPA of 3.50 or above.
•This scholarship is open to any student who is currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate, graduate, or professional program in the United States. This includes accredited community college students as well as high school seniors and students who possess a GED who have been accepted to or are enrolled in an accredited program.
• The scholarship applicant must be able to demonstrate their commitment towards helping people in need.
Answer the following prompt and questions in an essay of 1,000 words or less:
– Describe a pivot point in your life that inspired you to want to help people in need.
– In what way/s did you begin helping people?
– What are you goals for helping people after you graduate?
– How is your education helping you to achieve your goals of wanting to help those in need?
• Updated resume
•Essay, 1,000 word maximum. See essay prompt and questions above.
• Current unofficial transcript
Submission Deadline: August 15, 2019. Click the “Visit” button to apply.