Choose Ohio First Scholarship - STEM and Medical Majors
The Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program is part of the State’s strategic effort to strengthen Ohio’s position on world markets such as aerospace, medicine, computer technology and alternative energy. Funds are for first-year students beginning a qualified STEMM (Science, Technology, Manufacturing, and Medical) field in Summer 2020 or Fall 2020 semester. This includes CCP and Tech Prep students who completed credits while in high school. Awards total approximately $1,500/semester. Students complete the application and submit all materials to the Welcome Center (Building 10, First Floor) or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To qualify, students must:
- Summer 2020 or Fall 2020 must be the student’s first semester of college study at Sinclair after high school graduation
- Have declared a major that is in a qualifying major (listed below)
- Be a US citizen
- Be a resident of the state of Ohio
- Enroll in a minimum of 6 credit hours each semester of their college study
- Have maintained a high school cumulative GPA of at least 3.0, a composite ACT score of at least 21, or Sinclair placement test scores that show college-ready status.
Students are required to submit either a copy of their high school transcript (can be unofficial) or documented ACT scores.
To access the application, click the “Visit” button below. To be complete, all applications must include a typed summary of your educational and career goals in addition to the application form and high school transcripts/ACT scores.
Completed applications and application materials must be submitted to the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office either in person to Building 10, First Floor of the Dayton Campus, online to email@example.com from your My Sinclair email account, or to one of Sinclair’s campuses.
Qualified Programs for Choose Ohio First Scholarship:
- Aviation Technology
- Automation and Control Technology with Robotics
- Automotive Technology
- Clinical Laboratory Technician
- Dental Hygiene
- Engineering Transfer Program
- Electronics Engineering Technology
- Health Information Management
- Health Sciences
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology (Computer Aided Manufacturing Associate’s Degree)
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Occupational Therapist Assistant
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Care