Choose Ohio First Scholarship - Computer Science and IT Majors
Sinclair College participates in the Choose Ohio First Scholarship program as part of the State of Ohio’s strategic effort to support undergraduate students in earning a certificate or associate degree in one of our many innovative academic programs.
Funds are for first-year students beginning a qualified Computer Science or IT program at Sinclair in Fall 2023 semester. This includes College Credit Plus (CCP) and Tech Prep students who completed credits while in high school.
Deadline: First day of Fall semester. Any applications received after the first day of the semester will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and if approved may not be awarded until next semester.
To qualify for this scholarship, students must:
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Males,18-25, must be registered with the Selective Service. For more information, and to register, visit SSS.gov
- Be a resident of Ohio (Sinclair residency status must be either in-county or in-state)
- Maintain at least part-time status (6 credit hours minimum) in an eligible program of study
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Funds are for students beginning their first term in a qualified Computer Science or IT program.
NOTE: Students must also agree to participate in a Work-Based Learning experience (for example, an internship), education and mentoring meetings, must participate in a Choose Ohio First eLearn community, and are required to meet regularly with their Academic Advisor.
Each of the following Computer Science or IT programs at Sinclair qualify for Choose Ohio First:
- Advanced Networking Engineer
- Business Operations System Support
- Computer Information Systems – all degrees and certificates
- Computer Science
- Computer Support Technician
- Cyber Investigation – all degrees and certificates
- Data Analytics – degree and all certificates
- Data Fundamentals
- Electronic Data Processing
- Fast Track Programming – all certificates
- Help Desk Analyst Certificate
- Industrial Internet of Things Technician
- Information Systems Security
- Internet of Things Cyber Technician
- IT Fundamentals
- Linux Security & Network Essentials
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
- Network Engineering Associate – all degrees and certificates
- Small Office Home Office Computer Use and Security
Click “Apply” below and then check your my.Sinclair email inbox for updates on your application. Applications can take up to 2-3 months for reviews.
- At least $1,000 per semester