Choose Ohio First Scholarship - STEM and Health Sciences Majors
Sinclair College participates in the Choose Ohio First Scholarship program as part of the State of Ohio’s strategic effort to support undergraduate students in earning a certificate or associate degree in one of our many innovative academic programs.
Funds are for first-year students beginning a qualified STEMM program at Sinclair in Fall 2023 semester (Science, Technology, Mathematics, Manufacturing, and Health Sciences). This includes College Credit Plus (CCP) and Tech Prep students who completed credits while in high school.
Deadline: First day of Fall semester. Any applications received after the first day of the semester will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and if approved may not be awarded until next semester.
To qualify for this scholarship, students must:
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Males,18-25, must be registered with the Selective Service. For more information, and to register, visit SSS.gov
- Be a resident of Ohio (Sinclair residency status must be either in-county or in-state)
- Maintain at least part-time status (6 credit hours minimum) in an eligible program of study
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Funds are for students beginning their first term in a qualified STEMM program (Science, Technology, Mathematics, Manufacturing, and Health Sciences)
NOTE: Students must also agree to participate in a Work-Based Learning experience (for example, an internship), education and mentoring meetings, must participate in a Choose Ohio First eLearn community, and are required to meet regularly with their Academic Advisor.
Each of the following STEMM programs at Sinclair qualify for Choose Ohio First:
- Automotive Technology (Including the GM ASEP, Mopar CAP, Honda PACT, and Automotive Technology certificates)
- Aviation (Professional Pilot, Powerplant Maintenance, and Airframe Aviation Maintenance)
- Clinical Laboratory Technology
- Computer Aided Manufacturing
- Dental Hygiene
- Electronics Engineering and Internet of Things Technologies
- Engineering University Transfer
- Expanded Functions for Dental Auxiliaries
- Health Information Management
- Health Sciences Associate Degree
- Health Record Technician Certificate
- Industrial Robotics and Programming
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Respiratory Care
- Special Medical Imaging Certificate
- Surgical Technology
- Unmanned Aerial Systems
Click “Apply” below and then check your my.Sinclair email inbox for updates on your application. Applications can take up to 2-3 months for reviews.