Frank Douthwaite Memorial Scholarship for Student Tutors
Established in May 1995 by Virginia Douthwaite, in memory of her husband, Frank Douthwaite, an individual who was sensitive to the needs of students and cared very much that they could achieve success at Sinclair Community College.
- Must have successfully completed at least 24 semester hours of regular academic curriculum beyond developmental studies courses
- Tutor who has at least 2 semesters of tutoring
- Minimum of 100 hours of tutoring experience
- Former recipients are not eligible
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member in the subject area that the tutor provides assistance or in whose class the tutor has been a student
NOTE: Scholarship funds only pay for tuition, fee, or Sinclair Bookstore book charges remaining after Pell Grant and other scholarships have fully applied.