Dancing Angel Scholarship - Sinclair Honors Program Students
Purpose: Given in memory of Robyn Lauren Ulrich, this scholarship is intended to encourage and reward academic excellence, recognize active, sustained engagement within the college and the community, and encourage students who have faced significant personal challenges while remaining committed to personal and academic excellence.
Her family and friends established this scholarship to honor her memory, and to recognize the three qualities that she left as a lasting legacy to all who knew and loved her: courage, persistence, and compassion. Students who are selected for this award are those who are able to demonstrate those three qualities through their actions and life in general.
To qualify for this scholarship, students must meet the following requirements:
1. Sinclair students who are actively participating in the Honors Scholars Path or Global Scholars Path are eligible to apply for this award. Students are eligible if they have already been accepted into either the Honors Scholars or Global Scholars path.
2. Students must have completed at least one of the required four honors courses prior to applying for the scholarship and have maintained a cumulative GPA of 3.25.
3. Full-time students in good academic standing with both the college and the Honors Program at the time they apply for and might receive a scholarship are given priority.
4. Unless there are extreme circumstances that could warrant a case-by-case exception, College Credit Plus and high school students shall be ineligible for grants under this scholarship.
5. Students are required to upload a letter of recommendation in order to apply for this scholarship.
NOTE: Scholarships may be awarded in amounts of $250 and $500, depending upon the purpose for which the applicant intends to use the money. This purpose must be clearly stated in the student’s application of an award.