The Light Foundation - Darke County Scholarship
Our mission is to take young people out of their everyday environments and provide them with unique opportunities that ignite their passion, purpose, and motivation to succeed. The Light Foundation presents up to four scholarships to Darke County students. Each student receives a $1,000 scholarship to help them further their education.
Applications are reviewed by a committee that considers the many different aspects of each student’s high school achievements. Some of the scholarship areas that are considered are academic achievement, community service, job responsibility, and the content of their answers on the application.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- The applicant will be selected without regard to sex, race, creed, or color.
- A 2.5 or better grade point average is required. Must be a graduating high school Senior or attending college for an undergraduate degree.
- Copy of High School transcripts and/or last quarter/semester grades from college.
- The Scholarship Committee will consider financial need and special circumstances when selecting the winner of this scholarship.
- A recent picture of the applicant is requested, but not required. This photo may be used on the Light Foundation website, social media, and press releases if you are selected as a winner.
- The application must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from a teacher, principal, coach, guidance counselor, organization leader, or youth worker.
- All scholarship applications MUST BE TYPED and printed. Handwritten applications will be automatically disqualified.
- Applicants must be accepted to or attending an accredited university, college, or vocational school.
- Applicants must live in Darke County or attend a Darke County school.
Family members of The Light Foundation Board of Trustees or staff are not eligible to apply.
Full application details available on the Darke County Scholarship application page.